• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Previous and Next Buttons

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to force the WebHelp browse sequence buttons to behave like the forward and back buttons in a CHM. I've added the buttons and modified the java script files per the RoboWizard's instructions. The buttons show up and work correctly, but the button appearance is not consistent.

What I mean is, sometimes when navigating to the next topic the previous button will show the disabled icon and the next button will show the enabled icon. You can still click the previous button (disabled icon) to navigate to the previous topic but you can't click the next button (enabled icon) because you're at the end of the list. This behavior is inconsistent in regards to where you are in the table of contents, but it is consistent in which specific topics show which button. I've moved topics around and compiled multiple versions. The same topics show the same (incorrect) enable/disabled icons in each build.

I'm currently using the same icon for enabled and disabled as a temporary fix. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks is advance.

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you defined a browse sequence that spans the entire TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

No I have not. The browse sequence is disabled. I have forced the navigation mini toolbar to show the previous and next buttons, and I have modied the java script so theses buttons behave like the forward and back buttons in a CHM.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

I'm not sure anything can be done about the functionality of how this operates. But for the appearance and seeing the disabled/enabled buttons, you should be able to overcome it by simply editing the skin so that both states present the image of the enabled button.

You could do this in a couple of different ways.

1. Edit the skin and choose the same image for each button.

2. You could just locate the image of the disabled button and duplicate the image of the enabled button and rename it to match the disabled button.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

That's what I'm currently doing. It works for the most part. Is there a way I can remove the box that shows around the enabled button when you hover your mouse over it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure I know exactly what you are talking about. Can you post a screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Keep in mind that I can select the next button in both of these screenshots and it performs as expected. Notice there is a slightly raised border around the enabled button and the mouse cursor changes.

Enabled

Disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp