• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp search issues in Safari on iPad - any fixes in RH 2015?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use RH 9. Experimenting with trial of RH 2015. Several issues exist with the search tab in Webhelp run in Safari on iPad -- the same issues that exist in WebHelp I produced in RH9. Are these issues Adobe would ever consider fixing? Or not fixable due the frames of WebHelp output? I have tried Responsive HTML help as an alternative but the drawback I face there is a long time delay with the iPad keyboard recognizing letters I enter in the search field.

Issue 1 - keyboard doesn't close automatically after I click Search or Go on the keyboard (or after I click the search icon). Not huge deal since I can manually close keyboard.

Issue 2 - When the search tab first displays, some properties in the header of search tab are cut off from view. I found a thread earlier today suggesting a work around (manually change a height value in output file), but now can't locate the thread.

Issue 3 - After a search has been executed, the length of the search field expands right and out of view, also pushing the search icon out of view.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp is not made for iPad and while it works, you'll run into issues. If you want to support the iPad, you can use Responsive HTML5 output instead. This output was introduced in RoboHelp 11 and improved in RoboHelp 2015. Using the new SSL will solve your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I'll make note of this when I share output recommendations with my department. In your use of Responsive HTML help on the iPad, have you ever faced delays with the iPad keyboard recognizing letters entered into the search field? In my tests with RH 2015 output, there was such a severe delay with Safari on iPad when I tried typing in search criteria that I found search un-useable. I logged a separate forum question on that topic and have to follow up on one tip there still -- which is to try a sample project vs my custom project. I don't recall that type of keyboard delay related to search when I tried out Responsive HTML output during an RH11 trial last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced that delay myself. How large is your project? Perhaps that only a larger project exhibits this kind of behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project has about 580 topics and 980 images.

-Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The amount of images may have something to do with it, as they take a lot of resources to download. Can you try one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp