Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webhelp to chm converter: contextsensitivity

Explorer ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work with the script webhelp to chm converter:

a) I want a chm project with a good-looking user interface. My hh.exe- test of the context sensitivity fails.

b) I want a webhelp project to be more browser independent. The "webhelp-to-chm-converter" once again is my favorite joker!

In both cases the output generation  works fine. But I don't have an idea how to check the contextsensitvity. And I don't have an idea what to tell our software engeneer what to do to switch from the old chm (a) or webhelp (b) to the new "webhelp-to-chm"

Do you have answers or where to find answers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be handing the CHM to the developer explaining it has been generated in a different way and asking them to test it with the previous calls.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid it is not that easy.

Perhaps, I described my problem not clear enough. (because I understand it not enough -

and because of some language limitations )

I have a Robohelp 11 Project (linked to FM data).

All mappings are fine, the output (chm or webhelp) is context sensitive.

I can test it with the tool csh test within robohelp.Everything works perfect.

Now, I want to have the webhelp output compressed with Webhelp-in-chm-Converter.

When I wrote first, I wondered, how to check the context sensitivity for this new webhelp-in-chm-file. This question is solved.

It works with the same tool csh test.

Or it should work, but this is my problem. The context sensitivity does not work. I've got an error message "HH_HELP_CONTEXT called without a [Map] section"! (The same message occured when the chm runs within the application.)

What is going wrong with the new converted chm output?

What I tried to solve the problem:

- restart  a new rh project

- checked the h-file and all settings for contextsensitivity

- changed the skin setting

- changed the HTML Window setting

- restart rh

- searched for rh updates

Any suggestions? Does someone know this problem? Does someone use the webhelp-in-chm-converter for

contextsensitive outputs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think language is the problem. As I understand it you had a CHM generated from RoboHelp using the Microsoft HTML layout. Importantly that had context sensitive help that worked when called by your developer.

What I am saying is that if that is the case, hand the CHM you have created from WebHelp using the converter to your developer. Ask the developer to test it as if it had been created in the same way as before.

If I have got the scenario wrong, where?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know where, but it was a wrong scenario.

Developers haven't got the solution. But a solution is availabel

What was going wrong? The webhelp project worked all right with our external map.h file (referenced fm files). The webhelp-to-chm-converted helptag file needs the internal Robohelp BSSCDefault.h to be activated.

For the first simple project the problem is solved.

But (there is always a but) the solution works not for all projects. I have the same error message with the csh test in a next, more complexe project. The BSSCDefault.h is activated in the webhelp layout settings. But the difference is, that I have got a skin that supports the content selection (means I have different TOCs).

webh-t-chm.png

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rather doubt that the script was designed to handle Dynamic User Centric Content (multiple TOCs).

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp