Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp to PDF conversion possible?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am currently using Robohelp 2017 to generate a Webhelp for our product. However, there is a requirement wherein the users should be able to convert the Webhelp (CSH basically) to PDF. Is it possible add an option (a script or otherwise) that can enable the users to save the entire WebHelp in a PDF format? The PDF should use the WebHelp TOC as the basis for structuring.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The key requirement here would be that the user has a PDF writer on their PC. Then if they do, all they need to do to print a specific topic is click Print in their browser, the PDF writer will appear in their list of printers.

Before allowing them to print the entire help with one click, you need to consider its size. I've seen projects with thousands of topics and sending that to a printer might not make you the most liked person in the office.

The usual compromise is for you to create PDFs of sections of the help and create links to them, either text or icon.

To create a PDF of the help in whole or part, use Printed Documentation. In theory you can generate direct to PDF but I recommend outputting to Word first and tidying up the page breaks and so on. Then create the PDF from Word. If you haven't done this before, see Printed Documentation on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp