• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Viewer

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated HTML Webhelp files via Robohelp version 9. However, I want the help to display in a single-pane viewer (with search field, home, print, and foward/back arrows displaying at top in the same pane with the help text) similar to the way online help is displayed in Microsoft Office 2013. Is there an online help viewer that can be coded to call my HTML Webhelp content to display in the single one-pane viewer? If so, how can I implement it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH-generated WebHelp will display in your browser; Microsoft uses its own format for their help – you might be able to transform HTML pages into MS’s format, but there’s nothing in RH that will do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version of RoboHelp does not support responsive HTML5 layouts. RoboHelp 2015 does and I believe Willam van Weelden and Jonathan Smith offer such a layout on Help Essentials.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP was referring to the new format that MS Office uses for its help - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Help_Viewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff. Yes I saw that but also noted they wanted a single pane viewer and thought that might be easier. I've yet to see anyone report on using the format you refer to.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen discussions in some tech writing circles talk about the contortions required to get content into that format. Mostly it seems to involve using Visual Studio. Way too complicated for me ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Soo, out of curiosity I opened Word 2010 and summoned the help. It looks like this:

tmp1.png

Then I opened the live example at the HelpEssentials site. It opened in my browser and I decided to float it into a window of its own:

tmp2.png

So if one uses the free layout that is offered on HelpEssentials, they should be able to come pretty close. Their developer might need to tweak the code a bit to ensure the window opens on its own and sized appropriately with as little chrome as possible.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp