• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebWorks ePublisher to RoboHelp2020

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old thread, but I am trying to figure out how to convert an ePublisher WebHelp project to RoboHelp. (I wanted to avoid creating a new thread if my question was already answered.) I tried to import the HTML files from the WebHelp project using Import > HTML File, but nothing happened. My screen stayed blank when selecting all the HTML files in the project. I'm using the trial version of RH2020 to play around and see what changes will be required when I upgrade my Tech Comm Suite. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Ah, FM source material! You can import the .book file into RH2020 but you'll need to update the source FM files to FM2020 (whatever the latest version is) to ensure the best chance of success. Other FM to RH users have reported issues with it not cooperating, but that would be a better way than FM > WebWorks > HTML > RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't we split you off - ePublisher a WebWorks product I think, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so make sure you're running patch 5 of RH2020 first.
Then, let's summarize what you've tried - so you imported the HTML source or output files from the WebWorks project - which one was the source of the HTML? Probably importing the output would result in something coming into RH - it might not be very clean inside (code-wise). If it was the output & nothing came over when you selected all files, what appens if you just try one file?
Another alternative is to look at what you can produce in the other product - like Word output, and then use that as your inport source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got me thinking... why am I trying to import the output of WebWorks when the source for those output files was my FM files? I should import the FM files that were the source of the WW output drectly into RH, correct? Should I import the book or the individual .fm files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, FM source material! You can import the .book file into RH2020 but you'll need to update the source FM files to FM2020 (whatever the latest version is) to ensure the best chance of success. Other FM to RH users have reported issues with it not cooperating, but that would be a better way than FM > WebWorks > HTML > RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, what a doofus. I'll slink back into the corner and hide my head.But thank you for your help. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp