• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Exactly is "Include Index" Checkbox for in Responsive HTML5

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 2020, have always wonder what the "Include Index" checkbox is for when publishing as Responsive HTML5. What happens when it's checked? What happens when it's not checked? We have always had it checked in our output. Thank you all so much.

includeindex.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's checked your index gets included in the output, otherwise it is not.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Then am I duplicating effort if I always have the "Start Page" field as index.htm? Could I have left the Start Page field blank if I have the Include Index checkboxe checked?

startpage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The start page index.htm is a standard name for opening a website and a help output is effectively a web site. Look at the RoboHelp Tour on my site. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the index in your project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To expand on what I said, to open a web site you need the domain such as www.grainge.org and then the page that is to open, the start page of the site. The start page can be any file name you like but there are certain defaults that all browsers recognise and index.htm is one.

So my site could open at say www.grainge.org/peter.htm if I chose that. However any user would then have to enter that full URL whereas by using index.htm the browser will assume that. There are a few other names.

See Home page - Wikipedia

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that if you haven't added any index keywords to your topics the index will be empty even when the setting is turned on. 🙂

Amebr_0-1647561177943.png

Amebr_1-1647561244139.png

And deselecting the option in the output preset will not hide the tab/button. To do that, there's a setting in the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp