• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is a baggage file?

Participant ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015, WebHelp and converting to Word doc then to pdf.

I'd like to include the pdf version of each module in the online help so the user can print the pdf document. This is a request by the CEO. I've been searching the help and the forum for answers and I'm still not quite sure how to do this.

I keep reading about baggage files, but I can find no definition of what a baggage file is. Can someone help? Is this what I would use to include the pdf for printing. I'd like the pdf to appear at the bottom of the TOC for each module. The end user can then click on the pdf file and print it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

MDawn

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A Baggage File is a provision for including content that isn't directly linked in some way like a typical HTM page or an image is. Your mention of one or more PDF documents is a perfect example. They are a way to "come along for the ride" just as a comb or a brush or other element would if you packed it inside your luggage (or baggage).

Depending on your view of the Project Manager pod, you may see a pseudo folder bearing the name Baggage Files. This folder is shown when you are displaying the Project Manager in Classic View. When in Global view, you just see the baggage files among the other content.

tmp2.png

In Global view you right-click the Project Files folder and in Classic view you right-click the Baggage Files folder and you navigate to and choose the PDF (or PDFs) you want to add to baggage. Once added, you are then free to link to them as you would any HTM page.

Hopefully this helps you better understand them!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick,

I found your answer very helpful. I, of course, have more questions. Let me explain how I'm trying to use this to make sure it will work.

I created a pdf file of the RoboHelp project. I want to include the pdf file in the project when I publish it so that users can click on the file and print it. (Request by upper management to provide a way to print the help.) Is the baggage file method the way to accomplish this?

I was able to get the pdf file in the baggage file folder. Is there a way I can place just the pdf file in the TOC where the user could click on the file and print it?

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Please watch the video linked below and see if it makes sense.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp