• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the Url format for CSH in 2020

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have set up our Robohelp project with correctly mapped topics, but are unable to invoke them from our client code. The sample RoboHelp_CSH.cs file that is delivered with Robohelp has a comment at the beginning that implies the base Url is http://www.myurl.com/robohelp/rest, but our published output contains no robohel/rest or even just rest. I can, however, see a file called default_csh.xml, which does contain our mappings.

All the online help I have found talks about how to set up mappings, but I can find no example of how to use them in a finished site. The online docs also refer to a CSH Test Tool, which does not seem to be included with RH2020

I am sure there is some detailed documentation for this somewhere, and I have simply been unable to find it, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Peter's site - grainge.org for discussions of CSH methods

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found this page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/testing-csh-with-rh-2020/td-p/11493895 which implies the Url format is /index.htm?rhmapno=x, but my site contains no index.htm, and if I substitue the name of a page that does exist the rhmapno param seems to have no effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, found this page onm Peter's site: https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_help/calling_help.htm, which backs up my previous post - however, as I said, no such page as index.htm, and it does nothing if any other page name used. Hard to believe there seems to be no official documentation for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your index page can be called whatever you want - you tell RH what it is in the Preset (pretty sure it defaults to use index.htm, but anyone could have changed it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset contains no property called index page. The closest I can see is on the XHTML pproperties tab where there is a Start Page field, with a value of default.xml. It also has an 'Include Index' checkbox, whis is selected.

To be clear, I am working with a brand new project, to which I have added a single topic and mapped it (and added it to the ToC too). So everything is pretty much fresh out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see a screenshot of your settings for your output - I think you're getting too deep in the weeds here. An index page is not the same as the Index of topics you might have created. I don't have access to RH2020 right now, or I'd post a screenshot showing you where you set it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve5E10_0-1616516805598.pngSteve5E10_1-1616516832244.png

Steve5E10_2-1616516850302.pngSteve5E10_3-1616516866213.png

Steve5E10_4-1616516882200.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have spotted the issue - I need to be using the Responsive HTML present, not content only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is now working correctly, so thanks for the assist.

It is ironic that the offical Adobe User Guide is so poor - it is not even serachable without searching the whole of the Adobe site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can search the doco but like the doco it's not obvious.

Do your search. Then in the left sidebar expand "Business Solutions". Then tick Adobe Robohelp. And ignore the advertising results at the top. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and click the black, not-underlined, "See more results" text to see more than 4 results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just going to say - "hang on - that's the 'Content Only' output option - there's no CSH with that!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp