• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When expanding a chapter in ToC another chapter also expands - issue

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using RoboHelp HTML 11 for developing content sensitive help for a browser application. I am experiencing some trouble when expanding Table of Contents chapters (books) and I am not sure that this is the expected behaviour or if there is a particular setting in RoboHelp for this issue. I encountered the issue in Firefox and IE.
I'll reproduce the steps using examples, to be more clear:

1. Click the help button on a screen. The help window opens on the screen-related topic. The chapter the selected topic is part of is expanded. Let's call this chapter X. All the other chapters are collapsed.

2. Collapse chapter X (important).
3. Expand another chapter - Y. Chapter X also expands.

And here is the issue: No matter what chapter I expand (without selecting a topic from it), the chapter which contains a selected topic also expands. To continue with my example:

4. Select a topic from chapter Y and collapse both chapters.

5. Expand a third chapter - Z. This time, Y also expands, because I previously selected a topic from it.

The desired behaviour should be that no matter how many chapters are expaned in the ToC and no matter which topic is selected, when clicking a collapsed chapter, only that chapter expands.
I am generating my !SSL! folder using the Responsive HTML5 option in RoboHelp, if it helps.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH please?

PS - I also moved you into the HTML5 Layouts forum as you question involves that output format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 11.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same expanding behaviour in my test RH11 Responsive HTML5 layout too - I don't think it has anything to do with the CSH call - I got it just by selecting a cross-ref link to another topic from with a topic in X to one in Y and a further in Z; they all stayed expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I thought that it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with CSH. But I thought that it's worth mentioning all the details.

The problem is with chapters from which you select a topic. They'll keep expanding each time you expand another chapter, if the topic remains selected. Maybe someone has a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested my WebHelp copy of the same project & it's acting the same way too; so I'm not sure if it's anything recent that is broken or just the way it's always behaved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

My own gut instinct tells me that this has more to do with the code that causes the displayed topic to be synchronized with the TOC than anything else. And looking at the Responsive output from RoboHelp 2015 Release, I can confirm that this behavior isn't present there.

My guess is that if the behavior is troublesome, you should probably consider upgrading RoboHelp and producing with a newer version.

At a minimum, I might suggest downloading the latest and using it in evaluation mode to ensure it does what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm actually having the same issue in RH 13.0.2.334. Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp