• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Spacing is displaying in the HTML page, the letter A displays

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project and the HTML pages are displying the Letter A where I have inserted spaces.  How can I get this letter A to stop displaying on my HTML pages?

Sharon Restoule
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer
Ministry of Solicitor General and Correctional Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the Browing History and it still shows the Letter A.   

Sharon Restoule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will chat with you tomorrow.  Thanks for all your time with this issue.

Sharon Restoule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How did the RoboHelp 8 project get to RoboHelp 2019, by importing the topics or upgrading?
  2. All the content in the head section is not anything that I am recognising as being created in RoboHelp.
  3. Have the topics been worked on outside RoboHelp?

I can't help but think there is something about your workflow that is not in the thread but is relevant.

What you refer to as "A"s are a character I have seen in code rather than a space.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you only see the problem when you access the file from the web server, that is, it looks fine when you view the output on your local hard drive?

If the problem is only from the web server, then it sounds like the webserver is encoding the page as iso-8859-1 charset, when the content is actually using utf-8.  See this page where it states that non-breaking-space in UTF-8 displays as  in the 8859 encoding. https://stackoverflow.com/a/1462039

I believe this can only be fixed by the web server admin changing the http header sent by the server to utf-8. https://www.w3.org/International/articles/http-charset/index

Troubleshooting this is also complicated because you can't see non-breaking spaces in Robohelp - they just look like regular spaces. I don't think they make it into the forum as a non-breaking space either, so copying your code won't replicate the problem for us. I managed to fake it by copying your code into a standalone html page, adding <meta charset="ISO-8859-1" /> in the head and manually typing Shift+Space to enter the non-breaking space after "Addresses".

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NorthernGirl - did you get this resolved? Was it the server encoding that was messed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp