• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Why do I have underscores instead of spaces in my Topic Titles?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Robohelp user, I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with RoboHelp 2020.  Why do I have underscores instead of spaces in my Topic Titles?  And, why do I have a Content section and Table of Contents section in the workspace that I cannot modify?  Where is the Options > Tools feature to remove the underscores?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's move you over to a new thread - the one you chimed in on relates to the Tech Commm Suite and linking FM content to RH projects.
First off, what is the point version of RH2020 that you've got? Where is your content coming from? Manual typing it in or sucking it in from Word, etc.?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic titles puts underscores in following XML as the title:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map type="toc">
<title>Politics_in_Employment</title>
</map>

I have located the Options > Tools feature to remove the underscores and disabled them for the Table of Contents.  Why are the underscores still in the Title found in XML?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you are working with an early version of 2020 and you are seeing those underscores in the TOC only, not in the actual titles in the topic. There was a bug that was fixed in an update. I think it occured on upgrade and/or when you added topics to the TOC.

The update did not fix existing TOCs, that was a manual edit or creating a new TOC.

What I don't understand is you not being able to modify anything in the Contents or TOC sections. If you double click a topic in the Contents panel the topic should open and the properties will be on the right. Double click a TOC and you should be able to edit it. Is that not the case?

If your version is 2020.0 you will not be able to update using Check for Updates on that menu. Instead, go to Downloads and download the latest version from there. Anything later go to the Help menu in RoboHelp.

Does that help?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer or Like if helpful. Found your answer elsewhere? Share it here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

I will speak to Adobe Customer Service about the update.  I had Robohelp 2017 and moved from that the 2020.  The install may have caused the issue.  I appreciate your assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanf1 - What point version of RH2020 are you now running?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please let us know what they say.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer or Like if helpful. Found your answer elsewhere? Share it here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp