• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't my search bar display?

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to RH2017 and am trying out the Responsive HTML5 output for the first time.

In all examples I've seen of the Azure and Charcoal layouts, the search bar displays in the title bar to the right of the heading, but not for me.

It seems like this should be default but it's not there and I can't find any settings to show or hide it.

I've tried it with a new project and one upgraded from RH10 and both act the same.

I also can't find how to display the function bar with the print, next and previous buttons.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the two updates for 2017? The download does not include them.

If not, apply them and delete the existing Azure. Take a fresh copy using the gallery button within RoboHelp. Do not download those direct from Adobe's site as that page has not been updated.

Does that solve the search problem?

If it does, I think it will also make the print button appear.

Previous and Next only show when the topic displayed is in a browse sequence.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh, that sounds very promising. My work laptop won't allow me to install the updates so that'll take a while to sort out but I'm hopeful this will be the answer.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The updates didn't resolve this issue but luckily I was able to upgrade to RH2019. The search displays perfectly in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp