• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Style pod flickering in Robohelp 12 when information is entered?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to Robohelp 12 and now the Style pod is flickering every time information is entered. It does not cause any issues but is very annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you completely patched up? I think there’s been a couple of patches issues already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we have both patches installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What o/s and resolution monitor are you running? You may need to check off that shortcut property about running on high-resolution displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Win 7, 1600X900. Where would I find this checkbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on shortcut, Properties, Compatibility tab, “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” – worth a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! You sneaked in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think Jeff means this:

Right-click the shortcut you use to open RoboHelp, then choose Properties.

Then click the Compatibility tab and you should see it here I think. (if I'm understanding him correctly)

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Information entered where? In a topic?

If so, I looked into this for someone else, it is covered in another

thread. The fix was to open the project with the HHP file and say No to

using the XPJ file.

Backup the project first. See Opening Projects on my site if anything gets

lost in the process.

Please refer to this version as RoboHelp 2015 as that helps others when

searching.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help. I tried both opening from the hhp file and change the resolution setting. Did not resolve the issue. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try deleting the CPD?

Click here to discover how

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried the solution that worked for someone else, did you definitely say No when RoboHelp prompted you to use the existing XPJ file?

Is this a project that you can share? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same thing happening in all my RH projects, including the sample ones included in RH. As well as the sample project I sent to Peter with my Word TOC topic content issue.

RH 2015 (with latest patches), windows 10. 16gb ram.

I've opened using the hhp file and change DPI settings. I've switched between the dark and light theme and tried on smaller res screens (I have 2 large ones hooked up to a laptop).

In all instances, when I am editing a topic, with the styles pod loaded on the right and either type, click somewhere in the topic, or just use arrow keys to move through the text the styles pod flickers like it is reloading itself or jumping to the style every time. 

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to correct my previous response. What was corrected by opening from the HHP file was the style dropdown flickering, not the style pod.

I have just retested and I see the same with the Style Pod opened. I don't normally work with it open, hence not seeing it before. The flicker occurs with each keypress.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the status of this?  I tried to click on the bug link from Peter and it didn't work.

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the slow reply. First of all I have removed the link to the bug base as it was the old location. This is the new link in case you didn't find it by other means.

https://tracker.adobe.com

I have a feeling someone reported something similar and Rick found it only occurred if the RoboHelp window was not maximised. Perhaps Rick recalls the post I am thinking about and can confirm.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a bug for this because I couldn't find one...

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp