• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is the tab functionality not working in Responsive layout? I need accessibility for non-mouse users.

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated Responsive HTML5 output. The tab key does not do anything. I want users to be able to tab through the topics and expand or collapse the drop-down hotspots. Tab appears to do nothing. If I generate the same content in WebHelp output users can tab between topics and expand/collapse drop-down hotspots. Is there some sort of setting I have to select to get it to work in Responsive HTML5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has there be an update to this question? I work in an organization that emphasizes accessibility as well, and this has been a big concern for us. Using the tabindex attribute, I've been able to define a tab sequence. However, the issue is that even if users can tab onto the Table of Contents and Index tabs, they can't switch to the inactive tab. The trouble seems to be that it's javascript based, and the javascript activates based only on a mouse action. Any help for ths question is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since upgraded to RoboHelp 2015 and I am having luck with the tabbing in the new HTML5 layouts for 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known issue. While tabbing works to some extend, it is not as it should be yet. Please file a bug report with Adobe: Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp