• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Document Formatting Issues Once Imported into RoboHelp

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and sometimes, a document will look completely fine in Word but for some reason, it looks different in RoboHelp.

Here is an example of what this looks like. This is a screenshot of the top of a Word document:

Screenshot of Word Doc.JPG

This is what it looks like in RoboHelp (not in the project itself, but once I view the Output and choose a browser:

Screenshot of RoboHelp Doc - weird formatting.JPG

Here's a closeup of the bullet points:

Screenshot of Doc in RoboHelp bullet pts.JPG

I also noticed a stray bullet point that appeared that wasn't showing up in Word, but I fixed it by reformatting the Word doc. I'm not sure how to fix the issue with the bullet points though. Do I need to save the Word document as a PDF and then try uploading that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linked Word document or imported?

Back in the morning to see your answer. Night night! (I'm in the UK)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imported Word doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one topic with the problem, try the icon below. Don't save if it doesn't help but it might. If not, then as Jeff has pointed out it could be indentation of the second level. Always causes fun. .

rh_clear_formatting.png

Also see what effect a different CSS has. It might not be the CSS that you want but the change might tell us something.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your Word doc, it appears that you're using 2 different types of bullet point symbols (looks like the larger ones in the second section are getting translated correctly into RH; the top ones clearly aren't). I'd first check the Word style you have applied & then look at the Conversion Settings to see how it's being translated into RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! I clicked on the topic with the wonky formatting, then Settings.

RoboHelp Project Settings.png

I then clicked Edit to "edit conversion settings for Word document".

It looks like I have the options to:

• Automap Paragraph Styles
  • Automap Character Styles
  • Automap Table Styles

I also have the following options:

RoboHelp Other Conversion Settings.JPG

Maybe I'll test these out using a test project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the Word doc look like for that first section of bullets? I bet it's using a different style than the second part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mapping of bullets is can be tricky. I have covered one workaround in Importing using RoboHelp under Edit the Word Conversion Settings. However, first I would try the icon I mentioned earlier.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp