• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word files with lots of bookmark links not uploading

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am a very new Robohelp user. I am trying to upload a 28 page word file with ~ 27 bookmark links in it but I keep getting "Document Read Error" message. I have tried uploading a document with just one bookmark link and that worked fine so am wondering if there is a limit on the number of links?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No limit I know of. The message often indicates the document is open but can mean it is corrupt. What format? DOC or DOCX?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Peter. It's DOCX. I have tried copy pasting the content into a new word file incase the original was corrupt but it didnt fix the issue. I also made sure I had the file closed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sarah26838573n79f  - I'd take @Surbhi_Maheshwari up on the offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm just in the process of finding out if I am allowed to share the file 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Peter said, there is no limit on number of bookmarks in word document import. Can you please share your sample word document where we can reproduce this issue at sumahesh@adobe.com? We will look at it and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you have seen that you would be sharing it with Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing to check would be that the bookmarks only contain letters, numbers and underscore characters. That should ensure they are compliant with HTML standards before you import.

(Oh, and perhaps that they don't start with a number, I feel like that might be part of the HTML rules, but I'm on holiday today and am being lazy about looking up the spec. 🙂  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp