• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Import and Numbered Lists

Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to develop an MS Word doc template (docx or dotx) with a basic numbered list for SMEs to provide content - which I can then import into RoboHelp 2020.5 and edit.

I'm running into issues getting the numbered list in Word to import correctly (assign to a numbered list style in my RoboHelp CSS). To be clear, the Word doc file imports. It's just that the resulting numbered list in my RoboHelp topic isn't using my desired list style in my CSS. 

My list style is incredibly basic - one level, 1, 2, 3, etc. No multilevel numbering needed.

Can someone show me the following:

1. MS Word settings/config for a numbered list.
  2. RoboHelp settings/config for a numbered list CSS style.
  3. RoboHelp import settings/config to import and auto-assign the Word numbered list to the RoboHelp CSS numbered list style.

Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1 might be to find yourself a brick wall. 🙂

The problem is that technically Word does not have lists in the HTML sense of <li>, they are autonumbered paragraphs. You are therefore not comparing like with like.

The safest I have found is to tell the people writing in Word to only use the toolbar lists and standard indents.

Beyond that I think it is a case of seeing what I have said in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

I would love someone to come along and prove me wrong. Sorry there is no prize.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was afraid that might be the answer. Thanks for the quick turnaround. I'll likely just ask SMEs to not number their steps, and then I can apply the list style post-import. 

As always, appreciate the reponse, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp