Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word import failed

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello The Community,

My robohelp version is 2015 but I have the same problem with 2017 and 2019.

I have a word and I create a RH project with importing a word.

1) When I'm clicking in Modify word button (mapping style) to modify RHStyleMapping.css, i have no imported style.

2) I tried to cut my word and this time, word style are imported.

3) But word generation failed, I have no output files.

How can i debug import steps ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process changed over the versions and I no longer have 2015 installed.

The process is described at Importing Word documents using RoboHelp Classic (grainge.org)

There are many things that could be wrong here. The fact that removing some content from the document allows it to import indicates issues in some part(s) of your document. You need to identify where and analyse the cause. Find them and tell us more.

There are also too many reasons a Word output can fail so without more information I can't help. You haven't said if there are any warnings. It could be your version of Word is not compatible. See Printed Output Using Adobe RoboHelp 11 and above (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer. it is difficult to know where was my problem but i have delete all sections, all jump in my word document. I create a new word, anc copy each chapter one by one in the plan mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp