• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WYSIWYG...not even close

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Robohelp 9 and have many problems. One of the most time consuming is the WYSIWYG editor. Changes in the editor are not correctly reflected when I preview. I spend half my time making tiny changes and previewing until I get the results I want.

Another problem is the styles... I apply a predefined style (normal) and either nothing changes or only part of the selected text changes... I've been using this product since Robo3 and can't really say it's improved.

I would pay double the cost if Micosoft would build a tool like Robohelp based on the consistant functionality of Word.

Win7 Pro

Technical Communication Suite 3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not enough detail in your post to help us even start. If you give us some screenshots and details of the problem maybe we can help. Use the camera icon to insert screenshots.

If things were as bad as you describe, I wonder how Adobe manage to keep selling the product as there are alternatives.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that this was not coded by Adobe originally, but their name is on it now and it's not up to par with the other outstanding products they produce.

As you can see, the table column widths in this example are not even close to the same in the preview.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One question, have you selected the columns and applied a width setting to them?

If you have, would you be willing to import that topic into a new project, check that it has the same problem, and then send it to me?

Details are on my site. I cannot look at it this evening but will do so probably tomorrow.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp