• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?" is not a valid HTML tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an error from an HTM chapter page in a RH9 project. Though the page displays fine later in the generated CHM I seed an error in the help compiler log:

HHC3004: Warning:

Some_filename.htm :

The HTML tag  ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?" is not a valid HTML tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

Tried already with or without BOM header. Got no idea why just this file? We have hundreds of HTMs. All of them have this header - btw, is it RH adding these headers? The only thing I did was renaming the file (since it had a blank in the basename of the filename. I renamed it in the project, resulting first in a tagging of the file with a red X. Then, after renaming the file outside of RH (in the filesystem) the situation got repaired. Don't know whether the error HHC3004 only appeared after this action or if it had been there before.

Anyway, how can I get rid of this obscure error?

--

Christoph

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is gone away, after I had set straight the situation with the renamed file. Had to delete out that renamed page totally. Had to remove it from the project so that any occurrence of it had been eradicated.

Then I newly creaed that page, pasted in the old contents (from a backup) and the error was gone away.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp