• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZoomSearch in Responsive HTML5

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to incorporate ZoomSearch in an HTML5 responsive layout? We are trying to implement Zoom and migrate to HTML5 at the same time, but so far all the information I've found basically said "custom buttons are very difficult to add".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

It's not just a button, but you have to link the search results to the result page of zoomsearch. That requires an additional SLP (layout page) that zoomsearch can use. And the search boxes have to be linked to this result page. But that means that the logic of the layout has to be updated. When you start a search, items are shown and hidden based on settings. That will have to be updated as well.

The best way to start is to look at the full JavaScript as provided by Adobe: Learn how to download and use new screen profiles and layouts in RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just a button, but you have to link the search results to the result page of zoomsearch. That requires an additional SLP (layout page) that zoomsearch can use. And the search boxes have to be linked to this result page. But that means that the logic of the layout has to be updated. When you start a search, items are shown and hidden based on settings. That will have to be updated as well.

The best way to start is to look at the full JavaScript as provided by Adobe: Learn how to download and use new screen profiles and layouts in RoboHelp  You can then write an extension to hook in zoomsearch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I can't really say I understand everything you have explained, but at least I have a starting point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a tutorial for adding ZoomSearch to WebHelp on my site. I suggest you implement that first in a trial project. Once you understand how that has worked, it should be easier to get it working in responsive help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will still need to find how to add a button in responsive help but the rest will be set up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

That's exactly what I am doing! I managed to successfully follow your tutorial in the free version of ZoomSearch and everything looks good in the test project. Now I'm just waiting for my company to purchase a Professional license and do some further testing to see if JavaScript will work for us (we have ~6000 topics and we are worried about performance).

The target is to go live with ZoomSearch in HTML5 though, and, while I have worked with WebHelp for a few years now, the Responsive layout is completely new to me. I will forward this topic to the coworker who customized our the Responsive layout and between the two of us I hope we will be able to figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to say but I suspect the javascript method would get a bit slow at that number of topics. I believe switching to PHP was pretty much as simple as changing the output and getting the server admin guys to enable PHP.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are already indexing our entire documentation site using Zoom with the ASP.NET method, so that would probably be the choice for the help-specific search as well. At the moment, I am stuck at figuring out how to add a button (in WebHelp) that calls an .aspx instead of an .htm, but I'm going to try using a .htm with a redirect to the .aspx... as soon as I have some time to play around with this.

(Sorry for going off topic and thanks for the help again!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp