• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

508 Compliance of Responsive HTML

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are evaluating the Robohelp 2017 release. As we are a government contractor, we must be sure that our output is 508 compliant. We like the Responsive HTML output, though that is not a requirement and I'm wondering now if we will have to go with WebHelp. We cannot seem to test that our Responsive HTML output is 508 compliant. The Wave tool on Chrome doesn't work on it. Adobe says "The 508 compliant HTML5 layouts let you create content that is accessible to all users" but we simply haven't been able to prove this. As of RoboHelp 2015, Adobe responded in one of these threads that it was not 508 compliant. I assume this changed in 2017 but need to be sure. Any recommendations? We could try to confirm that our alt text is associated with our images, at minimum.

Message was edited by: Jeff Coatsworth fixed typo - no RH2016 exists

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new Indigo layout in Responsive HTML5 in RH2017 is fully 508 compliant. You can use the keyboard to navigate as well.

I don't think the Azure Blue and Charcoal Gray layouts are fully 508 compliant (yet), if you are using those.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I contacted Adobe after seeing this thread yesterday and here is their response:

"Azure Blue, Charoal Gray and Indigo HTML5 outputs – all three were 508 compliant and any issues fixed with Update 1 of RoboHelp 2017. Ocean layout was the one which was not 508 compliant but that was dropped with last update of Robohelp."

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've just test the Indigo layout using JAWS and the system doesn't detect the icons in the banner for favorites and it also doesn't detect the items in the search results fly-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with anything related to 508 compliance, but you can report bugs here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I've done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp