Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate reviews are gone after sharing

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe-Community,

We are currently in the testing phase with Robohelp 2020 and are testing out the possibility of reviews.
We create a new group for active reviews and then select the content to be assigned to this group.
After that, we then share this review group. As soon as I have invited two employees, I no longer see the group in the overview.

Does anyone have a similar problem with this?

Step 1:

01.PNG

Step 2:

02.png

Step 3:

03.png

Furthermore, I haven't figured out how to change a group from "Active" to "Completed".

Thanks for the help from the community.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

What has worked for me getting rid of earlier reviews and being able to add a new one is this.

With the project closed I opened the RHPJ file and removed that line. Then I went to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and removed all the reviews from there.

On reopening the project I was able to create a new review successfully and send an invitation. At the moment I haven't had a response but it is showing in the project and in the cloud.

Try that and let us know how you get on. For me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Reviewing topic in the About RoboHelp sample project or on my site? Project Reviews (grainge.org)

The reviewer has to have an Adobe ID and the invitation has to be sent to the email address associated with their Adobe ID. I don't think that is verified at the time you create the review though. Nonetheless check that.

In looking at this I never saw the right panel show in yellow. Is that something you have done for the screenshot or the way it appears in RoboHelp?

Beyond that, do you have all updates applied? You should be on 2020.3.

"Completed" should be an option from the review menu. I suspect it may not be there until a reviewer has submitted their response.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been given this information

When a review is created in a particular project for the first time, 

1. a particular cloud id is generated for the project and that is stored in the project file.
  2. the list of active reviews for the project is fetched from the server using that cloud id (for that user)

The possible scenarios where an incorrect or empty list appears in the review panel in RH.

1. If the project file gets overwritten by another one which does not have said id, the review panel would appear to be empty.
  2. Also if the user logs in with another id in RH, he would not be able to see the reviews created with another id and again review panel would appear to be empty.
  3. Due to some intermittent network issues in communication with the server, the list may not completely load. 
    The list is refreshed at 
    a]project open
    b] creating another new review
    The list of all uploaded content (including all active reviews) can be confirmed at https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents
    Here there would be folders specific to each project, and the same list should reflect inside RH for the given project.

Perhaps try closing the project and reopening first, then try a very different name? You might also try looking in the Review folder in File Explorer and trashing anything there before trying again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

first of all thank you for supporting me here with so much information. The problem we have here is very strange.

When I click on your link, I find all my review groups that I have ever created. But none of them appear directly in Adobe Robohelp under Reviews.

Where is the review folder in Microsoft? I can't find it right away.

Could it be a problem if Adobe Robohelp is installed on a terminal server and the files and folders from a project are on a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The review folder is part of the project folders in Explorer so look there. If there is no review folder that wouldn't surprise me in this case.

I don't think RoboHelp is supported on terminal server so that could well be the problem. Let me ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your project closed open the RHPJ file in a text editor. Near the top there should be a  <cloudid>. Is there one? Don't post what it is, just wanting to know if that line is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line is there when i open the rhpj-file with an Editor.

Dierctly after <title> the <id> is there with values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course i mean <cloudid> is there after <id>...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now seeing the same problem. I am liaising with Adobe and will post back when I know more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has worked for me getting rid of earlier reviews and being able to add a new one is this.

With the project closed I opened the RHPJ file and removed that line. Then I went to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and removed all the reviews from there.

On reopening the project I was able to create a new review successfully and send an invitation. At the moment I haven't had a response but it is showing in the project and in the cloud.

Try that and let us know how you get on. For me it was a throwaway project and it looks the same for you. If in doubt, backup first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

this is really awesome... it works now!

I have also installed Robohelp 2020 locally. Here the review works immediately. So I can imagine that a server environment could cause the problems here. But your fix works just as flawlessly. I hope that from now on we can work with the reviews without any problems.

One more small question:
At what point is a review set to "Completed".
I have "resolved" all comments. But the review remains in the status "active"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking a review as Complete is not there yet. It will be in a later update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick targeted help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp