• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add an .oft Outlook File?

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if you can add an Outlook .oft file in a RoboHelp topic?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

See Snippets on my site. The Email section has some solutions.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any reason why you can't link to it or add it as baggage and link to that, but it probably won't behave very well?

EDIT: hit the wrong keys by accident and posted too early

I did a quick test just linking to my outlook file and it asked if I wanted to download or run, I clicked run, and it said there was no program associated with the file type.

What are you trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Amebr. I get the same result; however, when I generate an HTML5 layout and move it to my server, the link doesn't work. It says webpage cannot be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An OFT file is a template. Is the objective to open an email in Outlook with some content? If so, you need to tell us which version of RoboHelp you are using.

Please see the Sticky Topics and always start a new thread with that information. It can affect the answer, as it does here.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, the objective is to open an email message with content. I currently have RoboHelp 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Snippets on my site. The Email section has some solutions.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter. That works! I'm new to code, so can you provide a solution for line breaks/paragraph breaks? The body of my email message is condensed all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can force linebreaks with %0A (%-zero-A).

If you just want to have a simple link that fires the default e-mail application and populates it with an e-mail address, a subject, and a mail body, you can also do it like this:

<a href="mailto:techcomm@adobe.com?subject=Test&body=Hello world!%0A%0AThis is my template.%0A%0AThanks,%0AStefan">Email</a>

mailto:techcomm@adobe.com

?subject=Test

&body=Hello world!%0A%0AThis is my template.%0A%0AThanks,%0AStefan

Note that each %0A creates one linebreak in the body of the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Stefan. That worked! Appreciate everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, is there a useful site you can recommend using to update codes? For instance, the paragraph format is exactly how I want it, but I'd like to change some of the font size and color on certain lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Stefan has given you is a line feed which Outlook understands. It can be found at HTML URL Encoding Reference amongst other places.

I rather doubt you can apply formatting within the URL that opens Outlook. It may be possible but I couldn't find anything.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter. Yes, I believe that unfortunately there is no way to inject fonts, colors, or styles into that link code type. Appreciate the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp