• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Meta tag to Index.htm

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with IE compatibility mode which is causing a Jquery script not to function. This meta tag seems to solve the problem:  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Is it possible to get Robohelp to automatically add this meta tag: to the index.htm page. I have tried adding this tag to the HTML header of specific topics, but it only seems to work when added to the header of the index.htm file. Is it possible to get Robohelp to do this without having to update the index.htm file after generating?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could hunt around in the "factory" source files that RH uses to create your webhelp, but I suspect it'd be faster just to manually add the line after generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I was thinking the same thing. I've been poking around the source files and so far I'm lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My off the cuff guess would be some file in the \WebHelp5Ext\ folder (or sub-folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it doesn't really help you, but my HTML5 Multiscreen output includes this meta tag and it isn't in my skin or master page, and I don't have enough rights to update the RH seed files in the program files folder.

So maybe it's a bug? or a setting somewhere? I can't turn up any references at the moment unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responses. I tried generating HTML5 Multiscreen and saw that the meta tag is included on mine as well. I didn't add this setting anywhere which makes me believe that this meta tag is automatically included in the HTML Multiscreen output. I wish there were a simple way to have this also included in the Webhelp output. I tried looking at some of the \WebHelp5Ext\ folder content, but I was at a loss for where to start. I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp