Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add new projects to mergedProjects

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have compiled WebHelp that I published in June. I now have an additional 14 modules (projects) that I want to add. Is there a way I can add just those 14 mergedProjects to the existing help file and re-publish?

If so, how do I do this?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add these new child projects to the parent TOC in the same way you

added the original child projects. Then generate the parent and it will

create the new folders within mergedProjects ready to generate the new

children.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I feel like I've followed all the steps. However, I'm getting a help page which says the "The Help system has no topics." I can see all the topics in the mergedProjects folder.

I'm not sure what I've missed.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your question as saying you had a working merge and wanted to add

more children. Now it sounds like nothing is working. Please clarify that

point.

Have you checked my pages on merged help and looked at the downloadable demo.

Did you regenerate the parent?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're assumption of my question was accurate. And you're right. Now nothing is working. I have followed you instructions on your web site for merged help and thought I was doing everything to the letter. Obviously, not.

I just thought of something as I'm typing. I'll try and see if that works.

Thanks, I really appreciate your quick answers.

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add new child projects to the existing TOC, are the old child projects still listed and the new ones get added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still want the old ones, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't keep us waiting, have you fixed it?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally called RoboHelp customer support, technical support. It turned out the file was corrupt. He create a new file and compiiled. Success. Now I just have to rebuild the whole thing, basically, start over. But at least I can generate successfully.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I held off any further suggestions as you had indicated you thought you had found something.

Did you have to pay for the support call?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have to pay for the support call. I learned a painful lesson. I was trying to combine mergedProjects files from other projects. I should know better and wasted several days trying to be "efficient."

Thanks for all your help.

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full disclosure always helps. You didn't tell us that bit.

It used not to be possible but I believe a merge within a merge is now possible. However, there are better ways so I have never gone for that approach.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp