• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add new topic, get duplicate topic message, but no topic is displayed in project

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 2015.

When I try to add a topic to a sub-folder of my project, I get the message "The file you specified already exists. Would you like to overwrite it?" However, I do not see that topic in the list of folders in the Project Manage pane.

I have looked at the project in Google Chrome and do not see a topic with that name. I checked another topic with a similar name and did not see any problem with the Topic Title and the File Name.

I can create the topic in the main project folder with no problem.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

Mdawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked using File Explorer?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expound on Peter's question, try right-clicking the folder in question and choosing the option to "Explore".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information. That helped. It took me a bit to realize you both meant within the RoboHelp file and not in Windows Explorer.

I can see the topic in Explorer. Inside the topic it has a different name. The file has the correct name. so, I'm not sure how to correct the problem. I can't get to the file to rename it within RoboHelp.

Thanks for your help.

Mdawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You said: It took me a bit to realize you both meant within the RoboHelp file and not in Windows Explorer

Actually, I think you have it backwards. I believe we both actually meant to look NOT in the RoboHelp Project Manager, but in the Windows Explorer application. The reason is because if you look at RoboHelp's Project Manager pod, all that is shown to you are the files that RoboHelp is aware of. You could have a project that appears to have maybe 12 topics. But on your hard drive, you could have a multitude of files that you never see in the Project Manager (or in sub folders).

The first thing you need to do here is to check the HTML files that appear to have the same name as what you are trying to create and are causing the issue. Do they contain any valuable information? If so, you might consider renaming them or just moving them to a different folder. Either of those actions should allow you to then create the topic using the name you want to use.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp