• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a PDF button to Responsive Help?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new responsive layout contains a print button for all topics; however, I would also like to add a PDF button that displays the topic in a PDF.  I thought I might have to go the JavaScript route to obtain this.  Does anyone know of an easier way or have some code that they would like to share or point me towards?

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

There are some JavaScript libraries that allow you to generate PDF documents, but I haven't tried any of them. For example: jsPDF - Create PDFs with HTML5 JavaScript Library

Your mileage may vary. But if you want to create a PDF, why not generate one with RoboHelp and add that as a download to your help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge there is no function that would allow dynamic conversion of the displayed topic to PDF.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After clicking print you can set destination as "save as pdf" if you have any pdf writer software or plug-in.

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your machine then you must be seeing this option or else there are some free pdf writer plug-ins also.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct; however, a competitor's product does offer both the Print button and a PDF button.  Since my WebHelp product from 2012 contains PDF links, I did not want to remove this functionality but perhaps make it more readily available.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some JavaScript libraries that allow you to generate PDF documents, but I haven't tried any of them. For example: jsPDF - Create PDFs with HTML5 JavaScript Library

Your mileage may vary. But if you want to create a PDF, why not generate one with RoboHelp and add that as a download to your help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp