• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Company Logo - Frameless Skin RH2020

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given my problem with HTML5 layouts (sections not linking to topics), converting project to Frameless.

I feel like an idiot - but I can't seem to add the company logo to the Header (using Oceanic as base).

Have Header > Logo selected.

• In the BACKGROUND section, I have updated the image path to company logo (white png, with transparent background). Image is in content>assets>images.
  • Specified image size (204 px x 82 px)
  • No shading.

With Header > logo-box selected, specified the same Image Size. I assume I don't select an image here (although I have tried it both ways)..

The company logo simply does not show up in the preview or help.

What am I missing? Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it working in my project. Here are my settings;

Skins>framelessskinname>Home Page>Top Section>logo>BACKGROUND

Shading: transparent
Image Path: <mylogoimage>.png
Image Size (broken H/W selected)
Width: 83 px
Height: 65 px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that didn't work for me. Still has the default logo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe RoboHelp completely rebuilds/generates skins when you compile. Sometimes, in order for changes to take effect, I have to blow out the /template folder in the target output and then regenerate/recompile the output in order for changes to show up. 

Select....

Output>Output Presets>Frameless

Select the elipsis to the right of Frameless.
Select "Show in Explorer".
Delete the output folder: /template
Build/generate your frameless output again.
Does your logo appear now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Starting to get somewhere (it showed up). Now to figure out sizing etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a caveat ... It only works in the topic pages if the Home Page is active. If you de-activate the home page in output, the logo disappears... even though it is also specified in the topic page setup. Not sure if this is another bug - or just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ... about the 6th time I generate it, it seems to work... Sigh. Still can't see the logo in the preview though... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick try, unticking the "Use skin home page" checkbox in the output preset and setting a custom logo for the home page and topic page. The custom logo appears on the default page for me. 

Perhaps delete the folder RoboFan suggested again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note - you have to configure a header logo in both the Home Page and Topic Page skin components:

1. Output>Skins>YourSkinName>Home Page>Top Section>logo>BACKGROUND
  2. Output>Skins>YourSkinName>Topic Page>Header>logo>BACKGROUND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple other notes....

I use the same company logo for both my home page and topic pages - however, I had to configure a smaller image size for the topic page component because it has a smaller header/top section. I had to play around with the sizes (set, compile, view; adjust, compile, view; etc.) to "get it right".

Also, if you want to use a logo, company or otherwise, for the browser tab, that's configured in your output settings, NOT your skin. To configure that, navigate to:

Output>Output Presets>YourOutputName>General>Favicon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't figure out what's going on. It works on the home page, but does not work on the topic page. I've tried re-sizing and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I will note that it actually worked once when outputting, but has not worked since...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. The only things I can think of:

One, are you deleting that /template folder in the output before compiling/generating each time you make a change?

Two, there's a conflict in one of the settings in your header. For example, if the container height is shorter than your logo image height, is that suppressing the display of the logo? Here are the header settings for my Topic Page (a known, good working config).

Topic Page>Header>container
LAYOUT
Height: 4 rem
Width: <blank>
Content: <blank>
Margin: <blank>
Padding (broken link)
top: 0.5 rem
bottom: 0.5 rem
left: 1.5 rem
right: 2 rem
Float: Select
Clear: Select
Position: relative
Display: flex

Topic Page>Header>logo-box
LAYOUT
Height: <blank>
Width: <blank>
Margin: <blank>
Padding: <blank>
Position: absolute
Display: flex

Topic Page>Header>logo
LAYOUT
Height: 45 px
Width: 60 px
Margin (broken link)
top: <blank>
bottom: <blank>
left: <blank>
right: 2 rem
Padding: 0 px
Position: Select
Display: Select

BACKGROUND
Shading: transparent
Image Path: mycompanylogo.png
Image Size (broken link)
Width: 60 px
Height: 45 px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input so far. I'm just having no luck. And yes, per your suggestion, I have been deleting the contents of the output folder before generating.

For one, the logo doesn't even show up in the preview when I specify it (the background image or the logo), although the background image is successfully updated in the output (not the logo in either the header page OR the topic).

Secondly, the Image Path doesn't seem to "stick" in the skin file. I'll change it to something in the project files (stored in contents . assets > images > SKINS > logo.png). When I close and re-open the file, the image path has reverted to some default. I'm not sure what that's all about (see below).

robo-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a minor niggle - Layout of logo is specified as H x W, then you go down to image size and it's specified as W x H. Come on people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *think* the file path not being remembered is correct behaviour. I *think* it's actually imported into the skin so it's not actually using the one you selected from the assets folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like to create a new project with just the default topic, the skin you want to use set up, and the logo? I will see what results I get.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll call this one closed ... it took multiple generations and clearing and whatnot, but it seems to finally work somewhat as expected. I will say that within the Skin editor, I STILL can't see the logo and background in the Home Page, and the logo in the Topic page. Trying to line-up the title with the logo was a bit hit-or-miss (using padding), as I couldn't see the preview - so had to generate/check multiple times. At any rate - the output finally resembles my expectation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp