• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding company logo to Output Skins

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded to my RoboHelp project my company's logo that was created for black/dark background as is in the Skin Header. It is visible in RoboHelp project skin. The Header height is 60 (I understand this cannot be configured). My image is 100 px (width) and 57 px (height) and I entered the logo width as 100 px (i.e. under the Header>Logo>uploaded logo option.

However, when the project is generated and displayed in the browser, it isn't visible (see image: HTML5 output preview in browser). It doesn't matter if the image is a jpeg or png; I tried both.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image didn't make it through - try editing your post and inserting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have spaces in the file name? I had the same thing once and using underscores solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do. I will put underscores and see if it works. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. Thanks.

Another question about the logos in the skin: No matter what size image I put in the size less width and height), RoboHelp always "stretches" the image to fill out the whole header height. If the header is 60 px (I understand the header height cannot be changed in RoboHelp) and I insert a graphic that is 35 px or 55 px height, it doesn't make a difference they both fill out the whole header height. I set the width to be what the graphic width is,

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this but I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like an issue I hit a few years back where your logo gets stretched/distorted to fit.

What I did was create an image of the size required where the outer parts where the header colour and the logo sat within it. That way the whole image is the size required but it looks like the logo is just what you want.

Hope that makes sense.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand you. But, the logo is to the limits of image; there is no white space at the edges.

What I did do was set the width to less that the image; for example the image's width is 150 px and I set the width to 120 px and it looks OK. But, when I set it to less (100 px) or the exact width of the image (150 px), both looked distorted. The image was finally not touching the edges of the header but there was a bit of space above and below.

Just trial and error, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you insert some images. Use the photo icon and paste the image in the dialog that displays. You have to click the grey area in the dialog before you paste.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Judy posted a follow up in this thread. See that for how the image size was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp