• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After creating PDF for review, the PDF document gives "The font 'FEQTRJ+Roboto,Bold' contain bad / Widths." error message

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, we use PDF review for smaller topics and there were no issues with the process until now. However, I did create a PDF for review recently and when I opened the PDF document, it throws the error message "The font 'FEQTRJ+Roboto,Bold' contain bad / Widths."

Also, the Heading styles and other Styles (except the Normal style) all the other content seems to be messed up with unknown content.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? If yes, I request you guys to help e out with this issue.

We are using Robohelp 2017 (version 13.0.0.257)

Thanks and Regards

Sanjai

Message was edited by: Sanjai Kumar

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

I've googled the error and I've found a number of queries for pdfs created in a lot of products and also lots of different fonts. I couldn't find a definitive answer but several suggest the font installation might be corrupted. If Roboto is installed on your computer, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think you need to have a look at the source topic to see if anything has crept into your code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response!

The issue doesn't seem to exist with the CSS as the styles are applied to the PDF correctly. But the content on some of the styles is wrong. Typically, the script is printing the "Variables" of the styles and not the "Values".

Is there a way to locate the Source script file that is used for generating review PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the RH topic's HTML source code? Maybe some junk has crept into it - I find Word imports will "gunk up" a topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also seen the css file get corrupted for unknown reasons. I'd be tempted to open the css and see if something weird has happened there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have checked the CSS style sheet. Everything looks to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am not able to get your reference. Which Source code are you pointing out?

How do I locate the RH Topic's HTML Source code file? (as mentioned by you)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a topic open, just above it a tab is highlighted "HTML". Alongside that is "Design". Click that to see the code.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

If that is what Jeff had pointed out, then I did check on it. The Topic(s) Headers looks to be in order.

Also, the same error appears while creating a review PDF from other projects. This gives me a strong suspicion that there could be something wrong with the actual JavaScript code used for generating preview PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating an ordinary printed output to PDF. Does that error in the same way.

Try a different font just to see if that helps.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I did change the font from "Roboto" to "Times New Roman", and it works fine.

Then, the issue seems to be existing with "Google Fonts". Web Safe fonts should not create any trouble.

But I still don't understand why this issue popped up all of a sudden. We have been using the same (Roboto) fonts for all our projects (also for PDF review).

Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled the error and I've found a number of queries for pdfs created in a lot of products and also lots of different fonts. I couldn't find a definitive answer but several suggest the font installation might be corrupted. If Roboto is installed on your computer, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it worked.

I did reinstall "Roboto" on my computer and imported fresh Baggage file to Project folder.

Thanks for your guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp