• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment of Lists

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Robohelp 10.  When creating a new list style the numbers or bullets are indented from the text in the previous paragraph even though my left margin is 0 and there are no indents set. When creating a new multilevel list, this is not the case and it aligns with the previous text.  The only way I can get it to align is to give it a -20px left margin.  Problem with that is that it then doesn't display properly in the Design editor and also means all of my images are 20px too far to the right.  Is there a way to change a list style to align to the left in the same alignment as the normal text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m a little confused. If I understand correctly, you have two different lists:

1. Regular lists and they are 20px off.

2. Multilevel lists and they are ok.

You than set a negative margin for the regular lists somewhere and that somehow conflicts with images?

- Where do you set the negative margin? In the list style or in the paragraph?

- By images, do you mean list images that you use instead of bullets/numbers/etc ?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

To Explain:  Regular lists look like this (notice the indent of the number from the left margin):

There are lists that can be used to view some of the information inside your general ledger, for example, account numbers and account types.

1. In Microsoft Excel, click on the cell where you would      like to add the lists and then click on the list that you require from the      app.

Multilevel lists look like this:

There are lists that can be used to view some of the information inside your general ledger, for example, account numbers and account types.

1.    In Microsoft Excel, click on the cell where you would like to add the lists and then click on the list that you require from the app.

To get the regular list to be against the left margin, like the multilevel list, the only way I have found is to change the css to give it a margin-left: -20px, however that then means I need to give all my images a -20px left margin as well for the images to line up with the list paragraph.  And if I do that then in the design view, I cannot see my topic properly because it is cut off on the left side.  So my question being, how can I get the regular list not to indent in on the left but to line up with the text from the previous paragraph on the left of the page? 

Simple solution you may thing is for me to use the multilevel lists - problem being I have literally thousands of pages in at least 8 projects already using the regular lists. To convert to multilevel now would be a nightmare. Is there any way for me to get the regular lists not to indent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think that a change in your CSS can solve this problem. Try adding:

ul, ol, li {

margin-left: 0;

}

This should place all lists nicely on the left of the page.

If this doesn't work, I would like to take a look at your project. Can you extract several topics into a new project, attach the correct CSS and send it to me? You can contact me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp