• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All cross references of a new project start with  , text insets

Explorer ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RH 9. I produce Webhelp projects based on FM related books.

This new book is based on existing projects and formats.

But one thing is new: There are many text insets.

My problem: The file that includes text insets has corrupt crossreferences.

They are underlined and have the right color, but do not work. Every cross reference starts with  

What can I do? Any known work around? Is it a known problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

If you can reproduce this behaviour with a small dummy set of FM content, report it as a bug and send the files to the TCS Support guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this item to the FrameMaker Integration forum.

Hopefully someone with Fm/Rh knowledge can help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be running into the invisible limit to the length of the path and file name of the xrefs in FM when bringing content over to RH - try to keep it under 35 characters in length. There also are issues with xrefs after Text Insets too, which I don't know have been fixed in TCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies!

I tested some more details and found the real cause:

1. The cross refs are working well, the "&#160," is a sort of "ornamental padding" of Robohelp (which I do not want!)
  2. Cross references to a paragraph in a text inset causes this padding in Robohelp for inserted FM texts!
  3. The "&#160," does not disappear when you convert/solve the text inset. The cross reference will appear unchanged.
  4. The "&#160," will disappear if you  set the cross reference marker new.
  5. The "&#160," does not disappear when you convert the file to mif and back to fm.

Here is another screenshot:

13-05-_2014_10-20-42.png

Is it a bug? Is there a work around (script that deletes the &#160, output) Does FM12 solve the problem?

We want to modularize text in FM, but working with RH gets more and more critical.

Cheers,

Annette Bellut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can reproduce this behaviour with a small dummy set of FM content, report it as a bug and send the files to the TCS Support guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug 3759967: Its reproduceable. Hope there will be a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just migrated from TCS 1 to TCS 5.

With TCS 1, all the FM links (both internal x-refs and external file and URL links) worked in FM, PDF and RH.

After I migrated to TCS 5, the internal FM links continued to work but all the external (file and URL) links stopped working in RH. Although the href information is still present, the links just don't work.

After comparing the old TCS 1 RH files and the new TCS 5 RH files, I noticed that the parser used to import the FM files in to RH has repositioned the following tag </a>.

Example of TCS1 RH links (that work)

<p class="FM_BulletLevel1First">•  <a href="../dokpdf/protocol/apno/802653--.pdf">Controlling

Submersible Pumps</a></p>

Example of TCS5 RH links (do not work)

<p class="FM_BulletLevel1First"><a href="../dokpdf/protocol/apno/802653--.pdf">•

&#160;</a>Controlling Submersible Pumps</p>

There are several differences (I.e. TCS 5 is missing a &nbsp tag + additional &#160 tag). But compare the position of the </a> tag. This is not in the same position and when it  is moved to the same position as the TCS 1 example, the links work perfectly.

Has Adobe changed some thing in the parser, or is it reading the FM information differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my bag.

My problem wasn't the same as your original lack of working links. Mine was caused by the position of the ActiveLink in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved in rh 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to answer your suggestion:

It does not seem to be this limit problem because the cross references are working (and we did everything to keep paths and names short.)

Kind regards

Annette Bellut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp