• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All local Webhelp projects does not open anymore since update to Firefox Quantum 68.0

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working with Robohelp 11.

Is the problem known? - a similar problem occured some years ago.

What can we do (beside changing the browser 😉 Our customers often use Firefox as their default.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick test shows it is not just RoboHelp 11 where webhelp is broken.

So far I have only tested locally. Have you tried from a server?

I have alerted Adobe.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem does seem to be webhelp run locally. I put an output on a server and that is working OK.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that also what I have tested: only local projects are affected!

Viele Grüße

Annette Bellut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through the Firefox settings and so far I cannot find anything that makes a difference. Pending Adobe looking at this, if anyone does find a solution, please post it here.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem with my WebHelp located on a LAN server - just a flash of the skin colour & then endless loading. I haven't found how to let FF know that it's a trusted location; thought it might have been the new "blocked content" settings, but the Info icon shows nothing about blocking parts of the page (as the FF help says it should if blocking is turned on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff I am guessing LAN server is the same as local for this purpose. It is still working OK from a web server.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time I've had a problem with Chrome not loading multiscreen HTML5 properly when run locally. If I allow third party cookies it works fine. (no, it doesn't makes sense to me, but it works) I wonder if its the same problem with Firefox and webhelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dug a little into it - it's looping on whproxy.js - throwing a message about "SecurityError: Permission denied to access property "whname" on cross-origin object"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Mozilla they changed the behavior in Firefox 68 toward local files:

803143 - Local files can access other files in the same directory

Hopefully Adobe can make a fix to allow RoboHelp to continue to work locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to @jeff.laing.sncr (whose post got lost in the transition) the fix in FireFox is:

"There is a Firefox workaround, which involves relaxing security.

Go to about:config

Locate security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

Set it to false"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine when you have control over the user's machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've described it as a workaround for now to my users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has been fixed for 2019 and that a fix for RH 2017 and 2015 will be shared soon but not for RoboHelp 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have now released a fix for RoboHelp 2015 and 2017.

It can be found at

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-output-loading-issue-firefox.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Okay, thank you for that information. Seems to be the moment to think about an update to 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the fix to the whproxy.js, whstub.js, and whutils.js fixes most of the opening issues, but still chokes on opening index entry topics (provided they are solo 1:1 index:topic - if you have a 1:many topics entry, the selection still appears and works). Even Adobe's solution talks about loosening up that about:config setting in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp