• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alter or remove the Breadcrumb meta tag

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I edit the meta tag that gets inserted when generating the HTML5 responsive layout (see below)?  I need to get that unescaped > out of there because it has negative effects on linked programs, but can't find where to edit this setting in RoboHelp.  I don't have breadcrumbs on the page and I don't see any option to disable breadcrumbs in the HTML5 layout.

< meta name="topic-breadcrumbs" content="Administration > Customer Management" / >

I found a SSBreadCrumbSeperator element in the HTML5 ssl file, but changing this did nothing to change the output, it still has the unescaped > character in it.

I'm using Robohelp 2015 (12.0.3.428).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to access the breadcrumbs at the topic (or master page) level. To edit the format, just double-click on the breadcrumb element. Or you could select the element and just delete it.

To insert a breadcrumb element, right-click in the topic/master page, and select Insert Placeholder > Breadcrumbs.

HTH,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have breadcrumbs on the page

There are no breadcrumbs anywhere on any of the pages (including the master page).  I assume that the HTML5 layout is inserting this tag on the pages in order to show breadcrumbs in the search results (but again, no option is shown in the HTML5 layout to control this behavior).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a task that Willam needs to advise on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nobody else has seen this behavior or knows how to manage the breadcrumbs that the HTML5 layout seems to include with no user input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first I'd suggest Rick moving this thread over to the HTML5 Layouts forum & second, I suggest you PM Willam van Weelden to see if he knows what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've not seen Willam on here in a few days, he may be occupied and not seeing things here. I might suggest contacting him via his site at:

https://www.wvanweelden.eu/contact

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - if I'd been made a moderator here like I am over in the FM world, I'd have moved it myself ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, are you talking about an Adobe forum? If so, I don't believe Mod permissions are restricted by the forum category. You should be able to move things here if you can do it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick - I'll have to give it a try the next time I see one that needs moving - I know that Madison had to unlock the Structured FM area for me to punt threads to over in FM-world, but maybe that doesn't apply here ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the breadcrumb options are for WebHelp. The SSL files have the same structure for all outputs, but most options aren't used by HTML5.

This sounds like a bug to me. It's not something in the layout, it's not in the widget's seed files and its inserted when the topic is updated in the output process. Please file a bug report here: Home

As a workaround, you'll have to use a script or find/replace operation I'm afraid. You can create a script that runs automatically when you create your output. That will fix it whenever you output. Are you comfortable with scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I used breadcrumbs successfully in a responsive layout, and they behaved as expected. One note: the dialog box to control the format only comes up when I initially insert the breadcrumbs--there doesn't seem to be an "edit" option. 

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Breadcrumb placeholder?

WebHelp has an option in the SSL to insert breadcrumbs. For HTML5 you need the placeholder. Unless I'm missing something. In that case, I would love to stand corrected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you add them? Master Page? (If so, what area?) Topic itself?

In my experience all one has to do is double-click the placeholder or right-click and choose Format Placeholder to get at the dialog again.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I stand corrected. Thanks, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  We're working to get the other component fixed since the > is ok in quotes.  The particular page I'm looking at has no breadcrumb placeholder and there is no master page in use for this page, so I'm still a little lost as to how/why this meta tag is getting inserted into the page, but it matters a little less now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp