• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another issue: Ordered lists - start="x" attribute doesn't work. RoboHelp 2020

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above - working in the source, and added the following (because - other paragraph styles in middle of list):

<ol start="3">
<li>Click <span style="font-weight: bold;">Submit</span> to remove the user. Notifications are sent out to delete the user ...</li>
</ol>

It seems to have no effect in the output (at least, using preview), and there is no simple right-click option as in previous versions to edit numbering attributes. 

I assume making a change to the list style itself would be propagated through all lists with that style.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Put the cursor in the list item where you want the numbering to restart. If the General tab doesn't show automatically in Properties, click on it. There you will see a Restart Numbering field.

I just tested that in the middle of a list and it worked in Preview as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the cursor in the list item where you want the numbering to restart. If the General tab doesn't show automatically in Properties, click on it. There you will see a Restart Numbering field.

I just tested that in the middle of a list and it worked in Preview as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. You have been very helpful ... although I would say that the code is broken and the basic premise (start= does not work) is true. The code now reads as follows (deleting the "start" statement did not change anything, nor did leaving it in).

<ol start="3">
<li style="counter-reset: item1 2;" value="3">

I do have to sympathize with the person who expressed the sentiment of being a beta tester for software. I feel like I've experienced multiple UI bugs already (some not mentioned) - and, were this currently a paid subscription, feel like Adobe should be paying me (and you double) for stuff their QA department should have uncovered prior to release.

Again, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 and 2019 are BOTH strictly HTML5 and CSS3 compliant, I'm guessing that's the underlying reason.

At first the New UI is confusing but I've reached the point where using Classic is not my favourite.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start= is still valid html code.

I suppose they went with a custom implementation using counters so they can just change the numbering within a single list, rather than having to stop and start the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp