• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to remove the use of the Webhelp Pub path feature?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one RH11 pain above others that's probably been the biggest perpetual headache to deal with is the Publishing Path feature @ the end of  WebHelp SSLs. Working in a team-based environment (community access to the RH11 proj pool, Visual Studio 2013 & TFS local work space) means everyone can make steady project updates.

No matter how many hundreds of times the message is sent out NOT to publish from within RoboHelp, it of course happens daily, and I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the Publishing Path option on a single project basis. (The nice individual ulcers each occurrence gives me are starting to get old fast)

Anything at all that can be done to accomplish this, be it a way to remove the feature and / or render it unusable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably missing something important, but you could delete all the servers in Publish section of the SSL. That way there is no Publish option available and people would have to manually add a publish path again (as far as I know there is no way to switch of the functionality completely). Or you can get the same effect if you untick all the servers, but I assume people are ticking them as they step through the Settings dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I meant by headache, constantly deleting the server paths and people reinserting them and reusing them to publish.

I was hoping for either disabling the option to use that publishing feature, or render the SSL unable to have paths inserted after they've been deleted. (Only 2 servers that are used for publishing, so like ... removing those options and telling RoboHelp that those paths can't be used again once deleted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about getting IT to remove the permissions for those users to write to

the server? That should kill their ability to ignore your instructions.

As Amebr says, there is no option in RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp