• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API for calling responsive/multiscreen help

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find anything about calling the responsive and multiscreen output formats of RH11 via API. Is this simply the same as for webhelp?

The API is documented rather well so I was astonished not to find anything concerning the new HTML5 formats - or did I overlook something?

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Check your RoboHelp installation directory (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\) and then the folder CSH API\JavaScript. There is a single file in there and the description is at the top of the document.

It's not included in the online help, so that's a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which language? If you look into the JavaScript API below the description for the WebHelp you'll find the description for Multiscreen/Responsive HTML5.

You may also be interested in: Context Sensitivity in Responsive and Multiscreen HTML5 | WvanWeelden.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have already consulted your very helpful website several times (thanks for sharing by the way), however in this case it is about the API that is delivered with RH.

In the RH documentation, if you open the chapter "Context-sensitive help" > "Information for developers" and then e.g. the section for C++, you find information for calling various help formats but nothing about multiscreen or responsive help. I looked into the section for Java that you mentioned but beneath the description for Webhelp I found nothing.

There is a chapter about using HTML5 formats under IOS or Android, and there evidently is a dedicated API for this. So I would guess that the APIs for C++ etc. would also be updated for the new formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to check the JavaScript API. That one does have HTML5 description. It may be that the C++ API docs aren't updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I'm stuck - can you point me to the page you are referring to? I have been searching the PDF-output of the RH11 online help, although a non-English version. Thanks for your patience..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your RoboHelp installation directory (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\) and then the folder CSH API\JavaScript. There is a single file in there and the description is at the top of the document.

It's not included in the online help, so that's a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks now I found it! I was not aware that this information was included right into the API file.

There really are dedicated new calls for the HTML5 formats so this is actually important to know. I will file a feature request to include this into the regular online help.

Edit: No luck, their bug report form is broken and always yields a captcha code entry error. This is all just so pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp