Highlighted

Application Error - Restart Robohelp

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I keep getting this application error (see attachment) but it's not telling me what is causing the error. Is there anyone who knows about this and has input? 

Application Error.jpg

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Application Error - Restart Robohelp

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I keep getting this application error (see attachment) but it's not telling me what is causing the error. Is there anyone who knows about this and has input? 

Application Error.jpg

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you running? Classic or New UI (RH2019)? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RH2019 and it's all patched up. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can help with just that information. What you need to do follow the instructions and then repeat what you were doing when the error occurred. If it then happens again, post back with information about what you are trying to do. Then hopefully someone can help.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be rude; if it happened under just one circumstance I would have included that - but it happens at random with no correlation to a specific action. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only error I hate more (from a different application) is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

As near as I can tell, they both translate to "Did you try switching it off and on again? Yes? Okay, try thumping it a few times".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to do a series of actions without saving each time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and also tried the same series of actions while saving after each one. There is no direct correlation between this error and any specific action being performed - it happens at random. Many times, after I have restarted Robohelp (as the error states to do) the error will throw again immediately after the restart. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's rude? I simply stated that no one could help based on just that information. I then suggested what to do first and if it happened again to come back with some more information so that I or someone else could try to help based on what you told us.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0