May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Very odd bug I guess, with RH 2019 update 12 (and 4):

• Create a new empty project
  • Import a framemaker file
  • Close RH
  • Move the project folder to any location or rename the folder.
  • Open RH project and import a FrameMaker file (same or other).
  • An Application error shows up. In rev 4 there is no error but the import process never ends.  

Anyone that knows what happens? is there any internal log in RH I can see?

Thanks a lot for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Application error when moving folder

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Very odd bug I guess, with RH 2019 update 12 (and 4):

• Create a new empty project
  • Import a framemaker file
  • Close RH
  • Move the project folder to any location or rename the folder.
  • Open RH project and import a FrameMaker file (same or other).
  • An Application error shows up. In rev 4 there is no error but the import process never ends.  

Anyone that knows what happens? is there any internal log in RH I can see?

Thanks a lot for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a problem I have encountered or seen reported.

1. What do you mean by Rev 4?
  2. Do you get an error if you do anything other than import an Fm file?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

1. Rev4 is RH update 4. A fresh RH 2019 installation.
  2. No, the error is only when I import a .fm file. Anything else works but I cannot get a workaround for this, I need import fm files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only necessary to specify the highest update as they are all inclusive, if you go from 1 to 12, all the updates are applied.

There is a topic in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project Importing topic about Fm versions. Check that.

If not, the resident Fm guy (that's you Jeff) will hopefully have some ideas when America wakes up.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I went with other computer and doing the same procedure works without errors.

It seems my RH installation has some problem but before reinstall it, I'd want to know if there is any temporal files / log files / config files / whatever files that I can delete to restore to "default settings"...

Thanks for your support Peter    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is certainly no way of restoring all settings to default, other than uninstalling and reinstalling with a reboot between.

I don't think there is a log for app errors but even if there is, it will probably still mean reinstalling. It will not affect your project.

I think first I would repeat what you did to start with on the machine where you are having trouble and see if it happens in another new project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0