• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application error when trying to download from Sharepoint 365

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing RH2020 to evaluate upgrading. Collaboration using sharepoint is a must have.

I am able to successfully upload help projects to the O365 sharepoint site, check in/out, etc.

I am having issues with opening/downloading projects from sharepoint. Relatively small project (17 MB, 788 files, 96 folders) works perfectly. Larger project (67.7 MB, 4865 files, 478 folders) fails. Starts the process, says it is downloading, after some period of time I get an application error. No files ever download to my local PC.

I have had no luck with help from Adobe support. Hoping someone here has experienced this and can help point me to an answer.

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used the sharepoint feature, but a random thought until someone with experience answers. Could you be running in to Sharepoint file or character limits, or Windows path limits?

https://sharepointmaven.com/top-5-limitations-of-sharepoint-online/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my thought as well. I've worked with our Sharepoint Admin -  nothing obvious comes to mind for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached out to someone who I hope can help you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amie68,

We have recently fixed an application error issue in update 4. That seems related to this issue. I will suggest to try it out in that. If you are ok to beta test it then let us know. We will get you added to the prerelease program.

Thanks,

Vivek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to beta test to see if this resolves my issue.

Thanks,

Amie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Vivek Kumar's name and send him a private message with your email address. He will then get you enrolled.

As it will be a beta version, do make sure you install on a different machine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx for the suggestion. I wouldn't have thought to send a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp