• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying a Master Page to all topics in a project in Robohhelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to apply the same Master Page to all topics in my RH2019 project. Under View, I select Topic List and Properties Panel and I set the Filter to Master Pages and I see which topics have the Master Page already applied and which do not, but I see absolutely no way of applying this Master Page to all my files with a single command. I have 20 separate projects in this merged help project and each project, in turn, has 50+ individual topics, so applying this same MP one topic at a time in each project is time-prohibitive. 

How can I apply this single Master Page to all files in a project w/ one command/in a single step?

Thank you!

TVB

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy.

Go to Reports > Topic List.

Top left click the check box that selects all the topics.

Right click and select Properties to open this dialog and select the master page you want.

image.png

Click Apply.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes, Peter, I did find this comment on your site:

If you only use one master page and want it applied to all topics, you don't have to apply it to each one. When you generate an output there is an option to apply a master page in the settings.
If you have set a different master page for any topic, the master page in the preset will override that. That can be useful in some scenarios.

but for the life of me, I cannot find this option/see this option no matter where I look and how many times I generate a project. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My second reply and yours got crossed in cyberspace - I wanted to let you know that I had reviewed your site before posting. Sorry for the confusion - let me try this and see if I can see to what you're referring.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know that my second post could be mis-construed as replying to yours, but they were crossed in cyperspace. I just wanted to assure you that I had scoured your site before posting so that I didn't make a frivolous post and waste your time.

Thank you again!!!

TVB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries  What you were looking was how to apply a master page to a specific output, such as when you want one for one customer and another for a different customer. There applying it via the preset would be the best option. You wanted it applied to the topics direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, working on the footer. I have a multi-column table in the footer that has a NoBorder style applied to it and in specific cells, I am entering my text. (This allows me to have text in the footer that is spaced the way that I want it across a single line). I have attached my project css to the master page and I apply the <p> style to the text in the table. In the Code view, the text looks as expected - 10 pts, san serif font. However, I generate the project, and in the Preview, the text in the footer on the Master Page is 12 pt, Serif font, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. . . 

How can I get the text in my footer formatted properly?

TIA,

TVB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sigh - never mind. I saved all, closed RH, reopened and regenerated. This lack of dynamically updating in RH w/out punding on it drives me insane. At this point, after generation, this application should be a true WYSIWYG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp