Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying Condition Tags to bulleted contents

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm just looking at applying a Condition Tag to a bullet point - but get an issue where the point remains despite the tag being applied to the text (as below).

Is there a way to apply a Condition tag to the bullet point as well?

adamm45990798_0-1623424910219.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the whole paragraph, it should exclude the bullet as well. Check in HTML View for Classic projects and Source View for the new UI.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter mentioned, you'll need to select the whole paragraph when you want to apply the condition to it. You can change it afterward also by taking it from this:

<li><span data-condition="Audience:internal_users">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. At vitae iste maxime vel hic expedita repellendus ab labore nulla excepturi magni ducimus et harum, aperiam id maiores!</span></li>

To this:

<li data-condition="Audience:internal_users">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. At vitae iste maxime vel hic expedita repellendus ab labore nulla excepturi magni ducimus et harum, aperiam id maiores!</li>

(I manually moved the data-condition="Audience:internal_users" to the HTML tag rather than surrounding the content of the HTML tag with a span that applies the condition. Be sure to remove the ending </span>.)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the tag breadcrumbs at the top of the topic. I click inside the list item I want to condition, then right-click on the appropriate "li" in the tag breadcrumbs and select Apply condition tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp