Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Skins Specific to the Output Type?

Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 Update 5.

I am trying to select the Azure Blue skin for my Web Help output. When I try to select the Azure Blue skin for the Layout of my new preset, I get the error message: "The skin already exists. Edit the existing skin or create a new one." I don't want to edit it, I want to use it. Since Azure Blue has the Responsive HTML 5 icon next to it, I assume that I can only use it with the Responsive HTML 5 Output Preset and not the WebHelp out preset.

Can I use the Azure_Blue skin for a WebHelp output preset in RoboHelp 2019?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Yep, skins are specific to the output type, so you'll need to add a webhelp skin to use.

What is a skin in RoboHelp

(I'd have thought the skin list would filter to only display appropriate skins for the output type, but maybe they haven't got around to that yet? Or they need a bug item to implement it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, skins are specific to the output type, so you'll need to add a webhelp skin to use.

What is a skin in RoboHelp

(I'd have thought the skin list would filter to only display appropriate skins for the output type, but maybe they haven't got around to that yet? Or they need a bug item to implement it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The skin already exists in the sense you have a skin with that name for responsive help. You can have a skin that looks the same for webhelp but it is technically different.

If you have chosen any of the skins for a responsive layout, you can also have the same design for webhelp. When you click on the skin in the list of options, its name appears at the bottom of the dialog. Just give it a slightly different name, such as azure_blue_web in your case.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Amebr and @petergrainge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp