• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there any IE11 and Chrome fixes for RoboHelp 10 for Word? TOC, Index, and Search do not function as designed in WebHelp..

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:

The IE11 and Chrome fixes on Adobe's web site instruct you to put their new files in the RoboHTML templates_stock folder. However, I need these fixes for RoboHelp for Word. Is there such a fix?

Background:

I am using RoboHelp 10 for Word, generating WebHelp.

I'm trying to fix the issues regarding TOC, Index, and Search either not appearing or not being completely functional in IE11 or Chrome, both of which many of our customers use. I have found a couple of workarounds that my boss does not like.

• In IE11, if the end-user adds the web site to the Compatibility View list, they all appear and work correctly, but my boss is adamant about not wanting the end-user to have to do anything to fix the issue.
  • In Chrome, I can get a TOC and a non-functional search to appear if the end-user disables JavaScript for the site, but this solution also breaks the See Also lists in the help. Again, my boss does not want the end-user to have to do that.

Her solution is just to generate it using the Pure HTML option, but then the search won't work in either IE11 or Chrome (I'm not sure about Firefox). I rely heavily on search when I'm working on the product, so I really don't want to lose the search function.

Please help.

Regards,

Jenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

As I have said in my reply to your post in the RoboHelp for Word forum, there is no patch for this.

I can understand your manager not wanting end users to have to do anything and agree with him. However, the fixes for these problems in Rh HTML are simply not available in RoboHelp for Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have said in my reply to your post in the RoboHelp for Word forum, there is no patch for this.

I can understand your manager not wanting end users to have to do anything and agree with him. However, the fixes for these problems in Rh HTML are simply not available in RoboHelp for Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.

I've played with the .js files in the output so that I can get IE11 to work without the end-user changing any settings, but I have not been able to get Chrome to cooperate. Because our customers use IE and Chrome so much, I have to have them both working without any special activity on the end-user part.

Unfortunately, I think I will lose the decision to my boss, and I will have to recompile all of the help in Pure HTML. Our poor end-users, no matter the browser, will have no search function, but at least they'll have a TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp