• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempting to use the "Create PDF for Review", however, the Enable commenting in Adobe Reader is greyed out. Adobe Reader X1 and Adobe Acrobat DC is installed, are either compatible?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to use the "Create PDF for Review", however, the Enable commenting in Adobe Reader is greyed out.  Adobe Reader X1 and Adobe Acrobat DC is installed, are either compatible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Create PDF for Review window, do you have "Enable commenting in Adobe Reader" marked?  I have RH10 and can add comments using Adobe Reader XI.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is greyed out, I am unable to select.  The "Send for shared review" is also grey out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh jeepers... I misread your post and thought you meant that the commenting feature in Adobe Reader was greyed out.  (I accidentally had logged in with my personal Adobe ID, so that's me as "inky-fingers".) Sorry about that!!

Just an FYI, I have Adobe Reader XI and Adobe XI Pro both installed on my system (and RH10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Practices says that’s a “bad idea”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, I have RH11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t need Reader installed on the same machine that has Acrobat in place. Not good to have both competing with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will uninstall reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Adobe Reader XI, still greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the full Distiller version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what order did RH and Acrobat get installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH and then Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a PDF by right-clicking on the topic in the Project Manager and doing the "Create PDF for Review" option? Or is that option not active at all? If that's the case, then I think RH thinks you don't have a PDF creator installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you install Acrobat as part of the Technical Communication Suite or as a separate application? I believe the option is only enabled when Acrobat is installed as part of the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp