Highlighted

Auto-generate TOC entries that display heading names not file names

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2019. When I import a Word file, I split docs based on heading 1, heading 2. I use the Word import settings to auto generate a TOC.  The TOC topic titles displayed are the file names, not the heading text. How do I automatically generate the heading text in the TOC headings?

I've attached a screen shot for clarity.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto-generate TOC entries that display heading names not file names

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2019. When I import a Word file, I split docs based on heading 1, heading 2. I use the Word import settings to auto generate a TOC.  The TOC topic titles displayed are the file names, not the heading text. How do I automatically generate the heading text in the TOC headings?

I've attached a screen shot for clarity.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOC query_Page_1.png

TOC query_Page_1.png

I added the screen shot here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different setting in Topic Name Pattern.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 0