• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autocreating TOC for Linked Word documents

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a brand-new project, I've linked to 16 Word documents. I have dragged each of them to the "System_Information" folder within RoboHelp so that I can drag that folder to the TOC designer and recreate the TOC after I update a Word document. I created the screen capture below after I dragged the "System_Information" folder from the left into the TOC designer. Notice that the book for "Telephone System (NEC)" is created at the bottom of the TOC instead of between the "OnBase" and "VOALTE" books. My observation was that the TOC was creating the TOC in alpha order, but perhaps that's incorrect?

Telephone.jpg

I then deleted "Telephone System (NEC).docx" from my project, including all the HTML files. I went to the directory that contains that Word document and renamed it and then re-linked it to the RoboHelp project. When I dragged the folder to the TOC designer, it put the book at the bottom of the TOC:

Telephone_02.jpg

Is there a reason why the TOC isn't matching up with the folder structure?

This is more annoying than anything else, but maybe there's someone who has seen this behavior and found a remedy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens. Renaming the file so that it starts with "A" still causes the book to be the last book in the TOC:

Telephone_03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To duplicate this issue:

1) Link to a Word doc.

2) Drag the Word doc to a folder.

3) Drag the folder to the TOC pane.

4) Link to another Word doc.

5) Drag the Word doc to the same folder as in step 2).

6) Drag the folder to the TOC pane. The Word doc in step 5) is listed as the last book in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp