• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automate macro in output

Sep 27, 2006 Sep 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have two macros, presently on buttons on the toolbar, that I run on the generated word output to:

- Re-format to house standard (bits lost in translation from RH)
- Remove extra spaces in hidden text (index entries) to reduce the size of the file (circa 13%).

What I am trying to achieve is for the macro to run as soon as the output has been generated. Can this be controlled via RH?

When this project comes to an end, there will be 2 people left to maintain all of the documents, and I would like to make life as easy as I can for them.

Thanks

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2006 Sep 27, 2006
I don't think this can be achieved as a macro has to manually started, as you do now, or something has to trigger it. Normally that will be opening any file or a specific file. You clearly do not want the macro to run when you open any Word file so a macro has to exist within the Word file containing the RH output. Clearly that cannot exist so I cannot see any way of doing what you want.

The best Word forum I know of is at www.wopr.com and click the link to Woody's Lounge. If you explain you wa...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this can be achieved as a macro has to manually started, as you do now, or something has to trigger it. Normally that will be opening any file or a specific file. You clearly do not want the macro to run when you open any Word file so a macro has to exist within the Word file containing the RH output. Clearly that cannot exist so I cannot see any way of doing what you want.

The best Word forum I know of is at www.wopr.com and click the link to Woody's Lounge. If you explain you want a macro to autorun on completion of a document being created by another application, you might find one of the gurus there has an idea. They are a very helpful and very clever bunch of guys.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response Peter.

I didn't really think I could control it via RH, but one lives in hope.

Thanks Again

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, digging up an older post but has this changed at all with RoboHelp 2015? I have a macro that adds "on page #" to all of my hyperlinks within the generated Word document. (With the # replaced with the page number, of course.) I'd love to have this just run in the background!  Not that it kills me to have to manually run it. Just curious.

RoboHelp 2015 is SO much more efficient than RH10... I love, love, love it! Things that didn't work before now work flawlessly for me - things I really didn't want to take the time to figure out why they weren't working. My TOC is generated, I have custom headers/footers and page numbers... and I can embed images now. Heck, even having the darn batch generation working is amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It changed in RoboHelp 11. See the sample project Employee Care 3. There is a topic there that explains how you can add page numbering and improve appearance in other ways.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp